Friday, June 15, 2012

My Georgia O'Keefe

I purchased a couple of Georgia O'Keefe prints in Santa Fe, New Mexico about 7 years ago at an art gallery. They have been rolled up in the tube we purchased them in for all that time....until about 2 months ago (yeah)...only I still haven't framed the other because I'm not sure where it will hang (it is a beautiful red flower). I had it matted and framed at the Hobby L store. They have great prices on matts and the frame was not custom.The mat took time because it was so large, it had to be ordered; however, the entire project was about 2 weeks. There is a large variety of pre-made frames that get quite large and the entire cost with the museum glass was only ~$200.

I am having my bathroom updated and some wall paper removed to texture the walls and I have a big wall over my tub. The print is actually pretty large, but fit perfect. I love the mat choice, green is one of my favorite colors. Anyway, it is finally framed and hung and really makes for a smile on my face every morning when I get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love comments on all of my blog posts. I value your comments and invite conversation. Thank you.